Multi-Skilled Production Apprentice ALIWELD LTD
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Ryton based company Aliweld Ltd, to work on a busy factory floor. Candidates will learn a variety of engineering skills including some fabrication and welding as well as hand fitting tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop valuable work skills whilst towards a recognised qualification.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon – Thurs: 7am-4:30pm & Fri: 7am – 3:30pm (40 hours per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
09 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Experience in fabrication and welding is not necessary to apply for this role but candidates must be enthusiastic and hardworking with a willingness to learn.
- Manufacture of aluminium tipping bodies.
- Developing an understanding of MIG and TIG welding processes.
- Elements of handfitting will be involved in the role.
- Use of hydraulics.
- Using various equipment and machinery including the guillotine and press.
- Responsible for inspection and quality of on-going and finished products.
- Ensuring working environment is kept clean and tidy at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Apprenticeship Standard.
- Training will be delivered in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are opportunities for progression for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
STARGATE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.