Audio Visual Technician Apprentice UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER
The University of Leicester are seeking a hardworking Event Support Apprentice to join their team in the Learning and Teaching Support Rooms. The successful candidate will gain a Level 5 Audio Visual apprenticeship.
Closing date: 08 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Feb 2023
09 Dec 2022
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Planning: 20% of the time
- Ensure that requests for events or equipment are correctly recorded and satisfied via the loan equipment booking service.
- Within clearly defined parameters of AV & IT support that can be provided, gather the customer requirements. Working with the Events Technician help determine how to deliver the AV & IT for the event. Plan any associated equipment and technology needs that ensures the event is a success using the expertise from the Event Technician
- Provide input into the refresh cycles to enable successful delivery of future events
Service Delivery: 60%of the time
- Help to Install, configure, maintain and upgrade the AV and IT equipment used to deliver event-based activity. Following existing guidance and the lead from the Event Technician, complete pro-active checks on equipment in learning & teaching rooms (both in person and using remote tools) to ensure that equipment is operating effectively and reliably for upcoming events
- With guidance from the Events Technician communicate clearly with customers, keeping them informed of progress during any intervention and ensuring that they are familiar and confident with how to use the equipment
- Complete bookings for assistance and support with the help and guidance of the Events Technician and ensure they are recorded.
- Work with the Event Technician and users to test the delivery methods prior to the event dates and provide AV and IT support running up to the event, during the event, and postproduction support
- Provide support for Open Days, Offer Days, filming one-off events (e.g., inaugural/public lectures), instructional videos, podcasts
- Edit video & audio to meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with the LTRS team to assist as directed when not on event-based activity
Maintain & Improve: 20% of the time
- Follow guidance and instructions from the Event Technician to maintain equipment at a level according to appropriate maintenance schedules e.g., Visual inspections carried out
- Assist with any inventory database of equipment ensuring that this is kept up to date. Follow instructions for the safe disposal of redundant equipment liaising with the University’s supplier of disposal services as necessary
- Maintain skills in line with the needs of the service
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 5 Audio Visual Apprenticeship Standard
- On and off the job training
- Day release at College or Training Centre
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
AS Level or equivalent Any Level 3 (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER
Level 5 (Higher national Diploma)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.