Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Pinxton Pharmacy
Pinxton Pharmacy based in North Nottinghamshire are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health Science sector. We are now looking to recruit an additional apprentice. You will assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines and liaise with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
13 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be fully trained during the duration of your apprenticeship to be able to carry out the following main duties, which include:
- Assist in the sale of over-the-counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximise profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship is work-based learning therefore you will be working at the employers address - there is no attendance at college.
You will be allowed 6 hours off the job training per week once enrolled to work on your apprenticeship tasks set.
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Support
- Functional Skills up to Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Please refer to above link for more information.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential of ongoing employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship - if there is a position available at that time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.