Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant Chestnut Pharmacy
A pharmacy based in Doncaster are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. Duties will include dealing with counter and phone enquiries, working in the dispensary and checking stock. Potential to progress onto L3 Technician course.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2023
Monday to Friday between hours of 8.00am-6.00pm and some Saturdays maybe required due to nature of the business between hours of 8.00am-12.00pm. Shifts to be decided after interview.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
05 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (after training)
- General admin
- Dealing with counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Pharmacy services assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point assessment (EPA)
- In-house training provided by employer
- GPHC approved Dispensing and MCA qualification
- Training will be provided on a weekly basis
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time role for the right person or further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CARCROFT HEALTH CENTRE
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.