Nick Brooks Equestrian is based at Badgerstown and are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice. As an apprentice you will help while learning all aspects of horse care at the yard, such as dressage, showjumping and cross country along with preparing top level horses for competitions.The team are friendly and the opportunities to learn are endless.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
15 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
All aspects of horse care e.g
- Mucking out
- Trimming and clipping
- Lungeing and riding
- Health care Feeding
- Assisting with running of events
- Assisting with customer care and experience
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a 100% work-based learning apprenticeship of which the successful candidate will be awarded the Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship
- There is scope for either the riding or non-riding pathway to be chosen and this will be discussed at interview. Enrolling on to an apprenticeship programme is a serious commitment
- To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you will need to be hard working, prepared to work outdoors in all weather and often at weekends
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- With the syllabus and experience gained from this qualification there is scope for the candidate to go on and specialise in areas such as rehab physiotherapy or to gain further BHS qualifications. At Nick Brooks Equestrian Yard based at Mark Todd’s Badgerstown amazing facility, there is an excellent opportunity and pathway to those looking to gain more experience in several areas of horsemanship
- As an Apprentice Groom at an eventing competition yard you will be involved with working and training horses competing at top levels of the disciplines of dressage, show jumping and cross country. Horses whether experienced campaigners or youngsters recently backed, receive the highest level of care so you will gain both knowledge and experience ensuring they are always in top condition looking their best. You will experience and learn from the best equine trainers, vet’s, dentists, physio’s, farriers, nutritionists, saddle fitters – the list is endless
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
NICK BROOKS EQUESTRIAN LTD
THE ROYAL ARTILLERY CENTRE FOR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.