Vacancy for an apprentice machinist in a busy workshop. Candidate to start off running the machines with the view to learning to set and program them. We currently have 2x apprentice trained engineers who have recently undertaken the apprenticeship and qualified who can provide help and tips on how to approach the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
£5.60 per hour
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
13 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Apprentice machinist vacancy.
The role will include to start with duties such as:
- Operating machines
- Packing pallets
- General cleaning of the workshop
- Training will be provided to progress eventually onto setting and programming CNC machines
- One day a week at South Devon College, Paignton, as part of the apprenticeship programme.
- You will have regular reviews from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths if required for Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are looking to invest our knowledge, skills and time in the right person. This position has the potential to develop into a successful career for the right candidate. On successful completion of the Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship there may be an opportunity to progress to the Higher Level 4 Apprenticeship for a further 2 years and or HNC.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SKAIGH ENGINEERING CO LTD
SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.