Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician D CALVER COMMERCIALS LTD
D.Calver Commercials Ltd are looking for a motivated forward thinking individual that is eager to learn and develop their skills and become a competent member of our team for many years to come. Inspecting and repairing a range of heavy vehicles (HVs) and trailers for dealerships, independent garages and franchise and large fleet operators.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
8am - 5pm with half an hour lunch break. Days to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 42.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
27 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Keeping kit tidy and away in right order
- Making sure stores are tidy and up to date
- Undertaking inspections and MOT inspections once trained up and shown how to (Supervised)
- Undertake any repair work that may be needed on said lorries. This includes mechanical or body work. Once shown how to. (Supervised)
- Assisting any seniors in jobs they need help with i.e greasing lorries etc.
- Learn and observe work taken so that you can become a competent mechanic
- Making sure shop floor is always tidy and in working order
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Block release at SMB Group, Stephenson College campus will include:
- Delivery of HGV Maintenance Technician Level 3 - Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To be a competent mechanic, promotions in coming years available if attitude work and effort is correct.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
D CALVER COMMERCIALS LTD
THE OLD STABLES
THE SMB GROUP
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.