Apprentice Pipe Fitter / Welder J W C I LTD
The successful candidate will assist with the layout, fabrication and installation of piping and piping systems, fixtures and equipment for JWCI projects.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm. Some flexibility will be required when working on site.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
30 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be involved in, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Working towards all appropriate qualifications in order to meet the standards of a fully qualified pipe fitter/welder
- Specialising in stainless steel at a high quality level for food and beverage, chemical and utility industries
- Following instructions carefully and accurately alongside a qualified team
- Questioning instructions to make sure there is a full understanding of what is required
- Working easily and skilfully in a manual hands-on role
- Attending staff meetings
- Complying with all health and safety policies and safe working practices and attending all relevant training for work at height (IPAF) etc.
- The assembly, fabrication and installation of pipework
- Learning and understanding, to allow you to work from precise fabrication and technical drawings
- Assisting with the fabrication of all associated components
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression routes into various engineering roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
J W C I LTD
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.