We have an opportunity for a dedicated individual to develop their career. The successful candidate will be trained in the understanding of CNC programming software packages and machining principles.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
05 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be involved with the following:
- Learning and understanding the processes of manual machining
- Working to close customer specifications, the apprentice will learn to run programmes through graphics
- Inputting data to offset systems using 'G' codes and other data inputting
- Using a variety of systems which could include Philips, Heidenhain or Fanuc
- Gaining an understanding of engineering drawings and how to interpret them
- Learning to understand line programmes and input own programmes for setting machining pathways and setting cutting speeds and feeds using a variety of appropriate cutting tools and materials
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression routes to be discussed on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.