The successful candidate will receive full training in fabrication and welding areas and begin a career in a company with a good track record. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and to progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
05 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Selection of correct materials to be processed
- Preparation and cutting of materials
- Following engineering drawings
- Fabrication tasks as reasonably directed
- Using manual tools
- Using precision measuring equipment
- Applying best health and safety practice with PPE at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to be discussed on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.