The successful candidate will be trained in various tasks in planned maintenance duties. Areas such as electrical and mechanical knowledge will be taught, and the candidate may be involved in areas such as hydraulics and pneumatics.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
05 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will work on preventative work on machinery such as:
- Checking oil levels and settings
- Stripping down machinery and cleaning parts
- You could also work on breakdowns where you would need to analyse the nature of the problem and determine the cause of the breakdown
Maintenance engineering is ideal for those who enjoy getting stuck in and working under pressure as getting machines up and running is crucial for a business.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (skills)
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to be discussed on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.