Administration Apprentice MARKET HARBOROUGH MEDICAL CENTRE
Market Harborough Medical Centre is seeking to recruit an Administration Assistant Apprentice to support the scanning, triage, and coding team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy, highly regarded, supportive and forward-thinking GP training practice.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Feb 2023
05 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To take responsibility for the general administration of services within the business and ensure all tasks are completed within the requested time scales. The successful candidate will undertake the scanning of documents and attach these to the patient’s record in the clinical system. Coding the scanned and electronic documents and passing these to be triaged by other members of the team. Also, assisting with the checking of dispensary and pharmacy invoices against the respective statements.
- To support clinicians by screening and sorting mail, documents, and telephone calls from a variety of external/internal parties.
- To undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist the smooth running of the business.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
- Work to agreed protocols and procedures.
- To assist with the regular collection and distribution of both incoming and outgoing department posts.
- To undertake general administrative duties such as scanning, filing, photocopying, checking of invoices against statements.
- In a professional manner take telephone calls from patients, GP’s and clinical staff and deal with them appropriately.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
- To undertake additional tasks as required by the GP’s or management team which are reasonable and in line with the principles of this job description.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
- 5 Additional day courses with HOET
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Can progress to becoming a full time Administrator after qualifying.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.