Dental Nurse Apprenticeship C Burke & Associates Dental Practice
This is a great opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentist. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
09 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your daily activities will include:
- Follow practice policies and procedures
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
- Assist with reception and clerical duties as required
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your own work
- Responsible for infection control procedures, setting up and preparing the dental surgery at the start of the day, managing infection control between patients and closing at the end of the day, including cleaning and sterilising instruments and equipment
- Set up and prepare the treatment room appropriately for each patient
- Assist in taking radiographs, according to the level of training
- Maintain and decontaminate equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instruction and your training
- Provide chairside support to the dentist during treatment
- Monitor, support and reassure patients
- Assist in keeping full and accurate patient records
- Monitor and maintain stocks within the practice
- Maintain CPD and attend annual mandatory training
- Comply with all legislation
- Attend practice meetings as requested
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Dental Nurse (integrated) Standard.
You will attend the Oldham College for weekly, off the job training sessions.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time contract of employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
C Burke & Associates Dental Practice
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
0161 785 4072
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.