Teaching Assistant Apprentice for the PE Department Seaham Trinity Primary School
Seaham Trinity Primary School are looking for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join their PE department, providing support for sporting activities for students, and developing projects. If you like to be active, and working with children, you could be perfect for this role.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
02 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Seaham Trinity Primary are looking to work with a develop an apprentice for their PE department. The role will include:
- Developing physical activities and opportunities for children to experience a variety of games and sporting activities over lunch, playtimes and after school
- Supporting the development of inter group competitions within school and taking children to out of school competitions
- There will also be opportunities for you to take your own initiative and develop projects
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard
- 1 day per month in college, the rest of the time in the workplace
- All working towards end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C and above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent PE (Grade 4 / C and above) Desired
About the employer
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.