Prescription Clerk Apprentice Greens Norton and Weedon Medical Practice
In this role you will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of prescription requests for the practice population, liaising effectively with all relevant personnel. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the processing of repeat prescriptions in electronic and hard copy format, including online requests.
Closing date: today
£7,753.72 to £15,314.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday - Friday, shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 31.0
Possible start date
27 Mar 2023
02 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Process repeats prescription requests received by phone, email, post, slips and the online access system, in accordance with practice protocol
- Produce prescriptions for the GP to sign in an acceptable timeframe
- Ensure all prescription requests are processed and are ready for collection within the correct timeframe
- Discuss with patients their requirements, encouraging patients to only order what they require
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Ensure patient information is updated and that such information is secure and always kept confidential
- Check emails regularly and deal with them appropriately
- Input data onto SystmOne
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Ensure the dispensary has adequate stationary supplies in stock
- Carry out system searches as requested
- Support the practice clinical pharmacist as required
- Support the dispensing staff in reviewing and updating the organisation’s policies and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Remote learning
- 20% off the job training supported by Starting Off
- Business Administration level 3 qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity for permanent position once successfully finishing the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Greens Norton and Weedon Medical Practice
STARTING OFF LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.