To work in care is to make a positive difference to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges. Adult Care Workers need to have the right values and behaviours developing competences and skills to provide high quality compassionate care and support.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Hourly Rate £5.00 Plus incentive Bonuses
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
02 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist residents with personal care tasks and activities
- Maintain written and computerised records of care provide
- Work with other staff in providing care and assistance to meet residents needs
- Assist with the preparation of care plans including notifying senior staff of any changes in residents e.g. poor appetite or not taking fluids
- Clean and look after all equipment as instructed e.g., hoists, wheelchairs, etc.
- Assist with the preparation, plating and serving of food and drink
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Apprenticeship Standard will be Adult Care Worker Level 2
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Duty of care in health and social care
- Health and safety and well-being in care settings
- Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Implement Person centred approaches in care settings
- Communication in care settings
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Handling information in care settings
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression within the company and potential employment prospects.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
L&F TRAINING LTD.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.