IT Apprentice STANBOROUGH SCHOOL
To provide technical assistance to all staff and students within the school, both in and out of the classroom, so that the school computer systems may run efficiently. All aspects of the role are to support the effective education of students as part of a team in the context of the principles and aims of the Academy.
Closing date: 24 Mar 2023
Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 4.00pm and Fridays, 8.00am - 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
19 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare the IT suites and resources across the school for use by staff, students and visitors
- Learn and assist in the routine maintenance of the IT systems
- Assist in the deployment of software and hardware around the school, ensuring that any changes cause minimum disruption and follow agreed standards
- Help install, configure and troubleshoot hardware and software
- Monitor the use of the network, troubleshoot faults
- Maintain and monitor hardware and software inventories
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of reported problems and incidents via the telephone, remote diagnostic software or site visits
- Perform evaluation and testing of hardware to ensure that upgrades are compliant with the school system
- Produce user documentation for students and staff to improve their understanding of the use of hardware and software, as appropriate
- Liaise where necessary with external suppliers & managed services to resolve faults, repair equipment under warranty or maintenance contract and maintain a repair log, under direction of the Line Manager
- To provide audit logs on hardware and software usage as requested
- To support the IT team in the operation of the CCTV and telephony systems
- To ensure security of network is managed and maintained with appropriate software, upgrades and backups after consultation with Line manager
- To help develop additional services, when appropriate, to ensure the school is at the forefront of technological developments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship Standard:
- Firebrand is the leader in Accelerated Learning and has grown to become a global business – with training centres around the world. Since its inception in 2001 the company has grown at an incredible rate; more than 30,000 students have now gained IT and project management certification through our unique Accelerated Learning methodology
- We are a Microsoft Gold training partner and all our apprenticeship courses have been developed in conjunction with Microsoft, and the courses are regularly monitored by the Government, Microsoft and City & Guilds. You will complete your training at our residential training centre and you will achieve a Level 3 ICT qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This apprenticeship will prepare you for working in a high pressure IT support department. This role will give you a in-depth knowledge of IT hardware diagnostics and maintenance
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Stanborough School Lemsford Lane
Welwyn Garden City
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.