Business Support Administration Apprentice DSV Road
Are you looking to earn whilst you learn? Does supporting colleagues in one of the worlds most successful logistics companies sound like a role that would interest you? then we would like to hear from you. You will learn how to move goods (freight) across the world, along with many other professional customer service/office skills.
Closing date: 05 Apr 2023
Salary: £5.50 for the first 6months, increasing to £6 from 6months to completion of apprenticeship.
09:00 - 17:00, including 30-minutes unpaid lunch per day.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 May 2023
01 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main purpose of the job:
To meet customer requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
- Support DSV Customs department with missing/incorrect information
- Checking customs invoices to ensure they contain mandatory information
- Sending documents to Customs department
- Basic updating of TMS system pertaining to customs requirements
- Timely and effective communication with Customers, partners and internal departments via email and telephone
- Liaise with operations and overseas offices to ensure customer commitments are delivered upon
- Effective monitoring to ensure deliveries are completed within the agreed timelines
- Pro-active problem solving with customers and colleagues when issues arise
- Ensure consignments are rated correctly in order to invoice in an accurate and timely manner
- Provision of PODs to meet customer requirements where necessary
- Provide KPI and reports both externally and internally where necessary
- Resolve credit management queries where necessary
- General day to day administrative duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills (if required)
- End Point Assessment
All training will be carried out within your place of work, you will be assigned a dedicated assessor who will support you through the apprenticeship via face-to-face meetings and remotely.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is an entry-level role which provides the foundation knowledge skills & experience for progression into a number of career paths within the organisation. You will be a part of a strong performance driven team of colleagues.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Mercia Park, Hill Top Way, Stretton-En-Le-Field
07540 716 312
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.