Apprentice Process Technician Mitsubishi Chemical UK Limited
Mitsubishi Chemical UK Limited (MC UK), are looking for Apprentice Process Technician’s to join their team. Candidates should be confident, keen, enthusiastic, and committed with a positive attitude to work. This is an ideal opportunity to learn all aspects of Process Operation’s and achieve an Advanced Apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
01 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The business is looking for an Apprentice to train alongside our existing experienced team of Process Operators. As an apprentice you will study a range of programmes working towards a Science Manufacturing Technician L3 Apprenticeship standard, covering a variety of skills and qualifications while earning a wage and completing invaluable practical skills in industry. You will be working alongside a mentor and assisting the experienced process shift team with the following duties:
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Start up and shutdown the plant process as per operating procedures
- Operating the plant and process within the set production and safety parameters
- Take samples as per the sampling schedule and procedure
- Complete daily logs and make notes of operational events and communicate to the Shift Team Leader and oncoming shift team
- Assist in the commissioning of new plant and equipment
- Carry out permit to work isolations, de-isolations
- Report any Health and Safety issues / incidents via the CATS reporting system
- Report any Engineering issues via the MAXIMO work order system
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained on plant.
- Ensure correct stock control of any raw materials used on plant
- Ensure control of emergency equipment and PPE in the area
- Ensure correct control of any waste streams and assist in the management of the controlled waste zone
Initially you will based at the CATCH facility (Immingham) followed by being on site following a shift pattern, however whilst apprentices are required to work both day and night shift, individual arrangements will be provided to facilitate day release for college attendance if required.
Transport to the college is provided and there are two pick up points: Hull Bus Station, Humber Bridge. Following block training at CATCH you will be based at the Hull plant, Saltend, Hedon, Hull, HU12 8DS.
Due to strict Health and Safety requirements for shift working, all apprentices must be 18 years of age by April 2025.
There will be some working at height and in confined spaces, with PPE required when working with chemicals, this is a 24/7 Industry:
This position will involve shift work once initial training is undertaken and agreed shift allowances will be paid at this time.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During this three year programme, you will undertake 'off the job' training at HCF Catch for the first 16 months followed by remaining duration onsite where you will receive specific on the job training by experienced mentor / supervisor / line manager.
You will also be supported by a dedicated assessor who will guide and mentor you throughout your apprenticeship.
You will undertake the Science Manufacturing Technician Level 3 Standard Apprenticeship and you will be required to undertake an end-point assessment.
Successful achievement of the end-point assessment will lead to final certification of the Apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to Process Technician / Shift Team Leader and beyond subject to performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HCF CATCH LIMITED
Science manufacturing technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.