This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established accountancy firm who, through expansion, are looking to recruit an apprentice accountant. You will be carrying out routine financial activities and support for businesses and organisations of all types and sizes. You will complete your training at Babington’s on a day release schedule.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
14 Feb 2023
30 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- To provide regular financial information to clients and submit compliant information, including accounts, VAT returns and tax returns to the relevant bodies
- Ability to complete reconciliations of various accounts and use software to complete regular bookkeeping
- Abiding by government regulations when preparing financial statements, as well as showing prudence and following other ethical standards, leading to the production of timely, proficient and professional services
- Accurately preparing reports for clients to make management decisions
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Using various software to comply with newly introduced making tax digital requirements, by completing and submitting VAT returns digitally
- Ability to show confidence in communication with clients, and to show professional behaviour
- To be able to assist in the auditing of a large, limited company
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard
- Maths and English Level 2 functional skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time role for the right candidate
- We are trying to buy more practices to expand, we encourage employees to further their career after completing AAT in either ACCA or ICAEW
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.