Property Maintenance Apprentice HENGOED PARK LIMITED
Working as a Property Maintenance Apprentice, your role will be to assist in ensuring that buildings, ground and equipment are in a safe working condition. You will be expected to complete level 2 apprenticeship and have, or develop, an understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2023
Starting pay will depend on interviews it will either be the 18-20 band of £6.56 per hour, but if we felt someone had more potential we would offer the 21+ rate of £8.36
Thanks Hours are full time 0800 – 1600 – Monday to Friday
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
19 Aug 2023
08 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working as a Property Maintenance Apprentice, your role will be to assist in ensuring that buildings, ground and equipment are in a safe working condition.
You will be expected to complete Level 2 Apprenticeship and have, or develop, a understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
- Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses
- Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment
- Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry
- Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces
- Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance
- Understand the importance of customer service
- Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods and procedures. Undertake relevant training and development activities and respond positively to new and alternative systems
- To maintain skills at current level and to undertake such training and development as may be required
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of oneself and others in the workplace, particularly in respect of:
o Accident reporting
o Lone working procedures
o Safeguarding procedures
- Kitchen hygiene
- Food preparation
- Risk management- ensuring you use chemicals in accordance with our COSHH policy.
- Any other duties as required commensurate with your grade and skill level
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Property Maintenance Operative level 2
- Mentoring from senior staff
- Day release at Telford College for 1 day per week
- Regular assessor visits
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment and chance to add to responsibilities and duties
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HENGOED PARK LIMITED
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.