Nursery Practitioner Apprentice Kent College Junior School
An exciting opportunity to contribute to the day-to-day organisation of a nursery, in order to provide a high-quality play and learning environment for the children. The right candidate will help to establish an ethos where children are encouraged to express views, formulate rules and contribute to the planning and organisation of the day.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
14 Mar 2023
01 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure close supervision of all children within the nursery at all times
- Ensure that parents/carers are well informed of their children’s progress and are always welcome in the setting
- Providing a high-quality play and learning environment for the children, help to ensure that the staff are properly deployed and that they are interacting appropriately with the children to meet their individual physical and developmental needs
- To support other practitioners in their daily practice
- Make secure bonds with children and help others to do so,
particularly when settling new children
- Attend and participate in regular supervision meetings with the Nursery Manager and contribute to appraisals
- Ensure that all room practices, procedures, and planning are
implemented to deliver inclusive anti discriminatory practice
- Be willing to carry out any other duties commensurate with post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- First Aid Training
- 1 day a month online sessions with trainer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a possibility of securing a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
Kent College Junior School
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.