Measham Dental Limited are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join their team as an Apprentice Dental Nurse. You will develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 03 Feb 2023
Starting pay depending on age, at least £6.30, increasing to at least £7.75 after one year, with potential for performance related bonus applicable throughout.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
04 Feb 2023
30 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment
- Under supervision carry out the following: reception duties, answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers, managing online diaries and day books, sending appointments by email, maintenance of recall systems, maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence on our computer software
- Learn to write up clinical notes accurately
- Participate in audit procedures under the direction of appropriate clinicians/practice manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Dental nurse (integrated) apprenticeship standard / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility to become an employee on completion of apprenticeship for the right candidate, with a view to further development
- For example, continue to further study on Level 4 programmes such as Radiography or Oral Health Education, or work their way into practice management
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
MEASHAM DENTAL LTD
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.