Timber Yard Operative apprentice Hymor Timber
This is a great opportunity to experience all parts of the timber yard process. You'll learn and spend quality time in each department of the company including timber sawmill, timber warehouse, timber yard and admin / sales office.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
28 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Spend time working in our timber warehouse / yard learning how to ‘pick’ timber orders and package them together for customer delivery or collection
- Training for the ability to be licensed to drive side loader and counterbalance forklift trucks
- Spend time working with our team of drivers assisting with deliveries
- Spend time working in our busy sawmill learning the properties of timber, what the product is used for and handling the timber on a daily basis
- Training on the use of woodworking machinery (eg profile moulders, cross cut saws and band saws)
- Spend time working in our sales / admin office learning all aspects of the department from understanding technical drawings to serving customers on our trade counter
- Showing a positive attitude and a keen willingness to learn
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- Maths and English Functional Skills up to Level 2 if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time position with Hymor Timber on completion of the apprenticeship
- Opportunity to specialise in preferred area of the business e.g. Wood Machinist
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Scotia Business Park
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.