The main part of your role will be to receive incoming products which include laptops, PCs and all different parts associated with IT. You will then, on occasion, modify specifications of computer systems such as upgrading hardware or software as well as update and prepare network applications ready for the products to be sold.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
29 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work with colleagues to setup up hardware and software on new and old PCs and laptops.
- Assisting with system upgrades and setting up new devices.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Identify the need for system and equipment updates.
- To ensure adequate arrangements are in place for the security of data, systems and hardware.
- To respond, without delay, to client orders and IT needs and issues.
- To successfully complete relevant college training and demonstrate a commitment to continuous development.
- To demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly sometimes outside of core hours, in response to service demands.
- To manage time effectively and achieve targets and deadlines.
- To maintain an awareness of new and innovative technologies.
- To perform such other tasks as may reasonably be required by the company Directors.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company Equal Opportunities Policy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.