We are looking for a bright individual to join our tight knit team, you will be working with children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old. Duties will include, providing an excellent range of activities, preparation of food for breakfast, snacks and afternoon tea and assisting with clearing away food and washing pots, including use of the dishwasher. Our nursery offers a range of activities within the extensive facilities. Earn up to £10 per hour and gain your Level 3 Early Years qualification!
Closing date: 26 Oct 2023
30% discount off Oyster card
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
28 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- To assist the chef with the Kids Planet Food Management System and running of the nursery kitchen
- To engage in all elements of your apprenticeship programme
- Food hygiene and cleanliness
- Food preparation and cooking
- Control and management of food allergens and dietary requirements
- Due diligence - evidencing controls by documenting everything you do
- Working by Kids Planet company values and our code of ethics
- Attend all internal training and work with the chef in gaining the competencies outlined in the Food Management System Training Pack
- Work with the chef and nursery manager in preparation of weekly menu's, catering for all children, taking account of any special dietary needs
- Assist with the management if food allergens in the kitchen, helping to ensure controls are implemented
- Assist with food preparation, cooking and serving at correct temperatures
- Assist with maintaining adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions
- Assist with food ordering and stocktaking
- Assist with kitchen cleaning according to the kitchen cleaning schedule, including schedules for cleaning equipment and appliances
- Assist with clearing away food and washing pots, including use of the dishwasher
- Be vigilant as to your own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others in the workplace
- Ensure your own personal hygiene is impeccable
- Adhere to the company procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required from time to time
- Ensure the company's Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- Paediatric First Aid Training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate can possibly progress into employment or onto further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
ST JOHN'S NURSERY LTD
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.