Hairdressing Apprentice MERAKI LIFESTYLE LIMITED
Meraki Lifestyle Salon and Spa are looking for a Level 2 apprentice to join their friendly hairdressing team in Exeter. The employer is looking for someone to join the team and begin their learning by greeting clients, cleaning the salon, washing hair. You would then progress to cutting, styling cutting and other salon services.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The successful candidate will be working 30 – 35 hours per week (5 days) between Monday – Saturday. Possible late night training session once a week. The specific days and shifts will be confirmed with the salon upon initial meeting.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
30 Apr 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Meeting & greeting clients
- Reception duties, which involve answering the phone and booking appointments
- Shampooing, conditioning, blow drying and styling hair, also colour and lightening using a range of techniques
- Housekeeping duties and supporting other stylists will also be part of your day
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Hair Professional Standard
- Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Having completed the Level 2 qualification, there will be an opportunity to work towards a Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Standard, to further enhance your skills.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-1 equals to A*-G) Desired
About the employer
MERAKI LIFESTYLE LIMITED
74 Queen Street
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.