Hair Apprentice Level 2 TH1 Hair of Oxted
As a junior in a salon assisting senior team members, you will have many responsibilities. These will include booking appointments, shampooing & conditioning hair, drying and styling hair, and eventually working towards mixing & applying colour, and cutting hair.
Closing date: 21 May 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Saturday 9:00am - 5:30pm with one day off. We open late on Thursdays so hours could differ on that day.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Jun 2023
06 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Booking appointments
- shampooing & conditioning hair
- drying and styling hair.
- Eventually working towards mixing & applying colour.
- Learn the principles of hair colouring and the effect that chemicals can have on the skin, including understanding what an allergic reaction is, and the reasons for applying a skin test.
- Learn about the range of products available for sale, their benefits, and how to promote them to clients.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On Programme Training:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 and/or 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End point assessment:
- A practical assessment
- Oral questioning
The practical assessment and oral questioning will assess the learner’s professionalism, values, behaviours, communication, safe working practices and consultation skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To be discussed at the end of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.