Adult Care Worker Apprentice ASHWELL HOME CARE LIMITED
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and to help in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
7 Hour shifts, 5 out of 7 days Mon- Fri on shift pattern, will include weekends. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
30 Mar 2023
25 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1. To assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet.
2. To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
3. To care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc.
4. To help care for service users.
5. To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
6. To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes.
7. To inspect and launder service users' clothing.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Apprenticeship Adult Care Worker Level 2 Relevant workplace training
- Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full time role will be available to the successful candidate at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ASHWELL HOME CARE LIMITED
Open Space Business Centre
Willow End Park
Blackmore Park Road
P.T.P. TRAINING LIMITED
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.