Fantastic opportunity to join a hair salon in Northamptonshire as a Hair Professional Apprentice. You will assist with duties such as shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques etc. Could this be the role for you? Apply now!
Closing date: 05 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
29 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties will involve all aspects of training towards gaining the Hair Professional Apprenticeship standard.
Hairdressers will be able to:
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Cut hair using a range of techniques
- Style and finish hair to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair for ladies
- Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair
- They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients
- Demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role
- Be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- One day per week at Aston's Academy in central Northampton, working towards the Hair Professional Level 2 Apprenticeship standard, which includes Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing/Barbering)
- Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to take the tests for this level prior to taking the end-point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have achieved your Hair Professional Apprenticeship standard, there is always the opportunity of progressing onto an advanced level apprenticeship in hairdressing or in development, the Senior Hair Professional Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.