An apprenticeship role in our team will need to be structured, organised and have a flair for work of a technical nature. The role requires someone who has the ability to concentrate and gather facts and information to perform a variety of assignments. They should be enthusiastic, inquisitive, eager and quick to learn.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Jan 2023
17 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The key duties of this role are as follows: -
· Work as part of a team, always portraying a professional image.
· Assists with ad-hoc work in the office as requested.
· Understands the objectives of the technical process, completes processes as designed, demonstrates competent use of relevant systems, succinctly summarises results and draws appropriate conclusions.
· Gains a good understanding of each client worked on.
· Agrees assignment objectives and roles with line manager (or the person responsible for the job) before starting every job, is proactive in obtaining feedback, both verbal and written, takes on board constructive comments and acts upon them, demonstrates resilience and enthusiasm to learn.
· Achieves good passes with all professional and advanced examinations.
· Attends internal and external training courses as required, being participative and professional throughout, takes away and implements new knowledge.
· Reviews workload going forward, takes ownership of own work, makes arrangements ahead of time, identifying periods of quiet time and highlights to line manager.
· Communicates regularly with the senior or manager on the progress and findings during a job, works to a set time budget, meets deadlines, and asks appropriate questions to aid understanding.
· Establishes a good level of rapport with the team and clients quickly and easily.
· Liaises with colleagues confidently and constructively.
· Prepares accurate work using relevant systems, includes completion of disclosure checklists, is aware of the accounting and disclosure requirements contained in companies’ legislation and regulatory requirements.
· Make efficient use of all relevant IT systems, search out errors, rectify omissions, actively researching technical requirements and consistently delivers to a high standard.
· Takes time to understand the wider Haines Watts structure and services provided.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
· Level 3 Assistant Accountant Standard
· Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
· Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
· Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
· A bespoke programme of technical and vocational training
· Functional skills in maths and English*if applicable
The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work-based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course. This apprenticeship requires attendance for classroom-based sessions once per week at the Grimsby Institute Campus, Nuns Corner, Grimsby, DN345AB
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent contract upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and further enhanced industry based training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.