Excellent opportunity to work for a reputable print company established in 1947, based in South Shields. This is an exciting prospect for an apprentice to develop a broad understanding of print finishing in our production department.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2023
17 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- As a print finishing technician, you will use precision cutting, binding, foiling, laminating, and packing equipment to complete the final product for the client
- Inspect printed materials or other images to verify quality
- Read works tickets to determine instructions and specifications for machine set-up
- Adjust bindery machines, such as knives, guides or clamps, to accommodate sheets, signatures, or books of specified sizes
- Trim edges of printed sheets to size, using cutting machines, book trimming machines, or hand cutters
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or to determine whether adjustments are needed
- Clean and repair production equipment and tools
- Set up or operate machines that perform binding operations, such as pressing, folding, or trimming
- Prepare finished products for shipping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a L3 Print Technician apprenticeship standard (post-press pathway).
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their normal working hours.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Harlow Printing and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be a combination of remote and site based.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of apprenticeship, a permanent role will be available as a fully qualified print finisher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.