Apprentice HGV Technician JCR COMMERCIALS LTD
As our HGV Service and Maintenance apprentice, your responsibilities will be to learn and develop practical and communication skills, keeping in line with our company policies. The successful applicate needs to be willing to fit into the family friendly workplace structure, working on a different type of motors vehicles.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
16 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As our HGV Service and Maintenance apprentice, your responsibilities will be to learn and develop practical and communication skills, keeping in line with our company policies. You will need to be flexible, and willing to assist in all reasonable tasks. The successful applicate needs to be willing to fit into the family friendly workplace structure; working on a different type of motors vehicles, ranging from HGV lorries, vans, folk lift, diggers and trailers.
- Meeting health and safety requirements all the time
- Diagnose and repair vehicles to a high standard
- Communicate well with all customers and members of staff
- Keep an organised and tidy workplace
- Help to prepare vehicles for MOTs and safety inspections
- Show commitment to the apprenticeship programme and work associated with the course
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To gain a full level 3 apprenticeship and qualify as a HGV technician
- Attend the Stephensons Campus, as part of thr SMB college group for training
- Commit to 2 week block releases, 5 times per year while attending the college over the duration of 3 years
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To be reviewed with the employer, after successful completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
JCR COMMERCIALS LTD
THE SMB GROUP
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.