Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprentice Liverpool Children's Centre
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a truly rewarding career in childcare? We're looking to recruit an Apprentice to assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of activities to meet children's needs including providing stimulating activities and keeping the nursery clean.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
16 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Fazakerley Children’s Centre is private day nursery and is run to provide free weekly fun activities for parents, carers and their children and support and advice for families and expectant parents in the Fazakerley and Croxteth areas.
- To support the nursery management in the delivery of a high quality service to children from birth to five and their families.
- To have an awareness of the Early Years Foundation Stage welfare requirements and practice guidance.
- To plan, prepare, implement and evaluate nursery activities with the support of qualified staff using the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To comply with OFSTED Daycare Standards and support the nursery team to be fully inclusive of children with disabilities and SEN.
- To assist in the preparation of nursery activities with the support of qualified staff using the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile as guidance.
- Update children’s profiles in line with EYFS guidelines under the supervision of qualified staff and using I pads to record observations and progress electronically.
- To undertake a Key Person Role with a group of children, monitored by the nursery manager
- To comply with all record keeping systems and nursery policies and procedures.
- To participate in PDR / Supervision and staff development as required by the Management Team.
- Encourage parents to become actively involved in all aspects of nursery life and ensure that they are signposted to services to improve life chances.
- To be aware the Equal Opportunities Policy of the Children’s Centre and adhere to the policy at all times.
- To operate within the procedures for keeping children safe.
- To attend and contribute to regular staff meetings and training sessions to be held evenings and weekends.
- To operate in a flexible way to meet the needs of the nursery, children, parents and other staff members.
- To carry out, as necessary, any other duty deemed to commensurate with the grade and status of the post and skills and experience of the post holder.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner:
Over the course of 15 – 18 months (dependent upon the level of course an apprentice is being enrolled onto), you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 or 3 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role. To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible full time employment once apprenticeship is completed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
Liverpool Children's Centre
IMPACT FUTURES TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.