Apprentice Motor Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) B R CARTRONICS LTD
B R Cartronics is an independent garage originally based in Leicester but moved to a larger premises in the Desford area in 2007. We use the latest equipment which allows us to work on a large range of vehicle makes and models. The technician will work on all the systems found within the vehicle. The day-to-day work ranges from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
Incremental wage increases subject to length of service & performance. Free Parking. Staff Discounts.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday 1 hour unpaid break
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
17 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Your role as an apprentice motor vehicle repair and service technician will be to learn, develop and carry out a multitude of automotive repairs which include.
- Carrying out routine vehicle service and maintenance, inspecting components for wear and tear and documenting all findings.
- Test potentially faulty parts, diagnosing any issues and resolving faults on a wide range of vehicles.
- Supporting the team in the preparation and maintenance on a variety of vehicles.
- Working closely with other members of the workshop to constantly learn and share knowledge, also with working on your own self development.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Once the apprenticeship is complete you will have a full level 3 qualification and be a fully qualifies as a Light Motor Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician.
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment
- You will attend college at the Brooksby Campus, as part of the SMB Group.
- Your college days will be 1 week block releases, 7 times per year as part of your training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After your apprenticeship you may have the opportunity to continue with B R Cartronic’s Ltd as a qualified technician, building on your knowledge to become a valued member of the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
B R CARTRONICS LTD
UNIT 6B MERRYLEES IND EST
THE SMB GROUP
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.