We have an amazing opportunity to join an IT support business where you will undertake a variety of duties whilst undertaking an advanced IT Solutions Apprenticeship with JBC Skills Training! Apply now!
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
17 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for an apprentice technician to provide customers with assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
The technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to listen effectively to understand the problem and communicate possible solutions. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Follow company procedures, continue to develop and improve these
- Record events and problems and their resolution, follow-up and update customer status and information
- Design, build and supply the solution, to fix the problem or overcome the difficulties the customer is experiencing
- Produce the invoice and charge the customer for the services and products they have received
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On the apprentice’s successful completion of the end point assessment, the apprentice will receive the following:
- Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship Certification
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration.
On completion of this Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship progression routes available to learners include:
- Level 4 Software Developer
- Level 4 Network Engineer
- Level 4 DevOps Engineer
- Level 6 Digital and technology solutions specialist (Integrated degree)
The classroom training for the IT Solutions Technician comprises of 4 modules. The apprentice will attend the training in an online classroom with their designated JBC trainer.
When the classroom training takes place will be agreed at the Induction meeting between Employer, Apprentice and JBC Skills Trainer/Mentor. We advise a bi-monthly approach to each module.
Full days will be required on the training weeks, and the apprentice must be in a quiet, suitable environment for learning to take place.
This can either be in the workplace or at home. The class sizes are small (Max 10 learners) so that discussions and assessment can take place between apprentices, peers, and trainers.
The 4 IT Solutions Technician Modules are:
- Methodologies and Principles (5 Days).
- IT Core (5 Days).
- Software or Hardware (5 Days) – Depending on the pathway taken and agreed at the start.
- Security and Legislation (5 Days).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
May lead to a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
JBC SKILLS TRAINING LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.