Dental Nurse Apprentice Dental Practice
Excellent opportunity to join our family run dental practice located in the heart of Cheltenham. The right candidate will be working side by side with a dental care professional to provide dental procedures to our patients. You can learn and train while you work and gain valuable experience.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
Employee reviews done every three months and wage increases are given based on job performance.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The right candidate will be working four nine hour days through the week. The daily hours are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. We are not open on Saturday or Sunday.
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the dentist or hygeniest during dental procedures
- Sterilization of instruments and surgeries
- Making patients feel comfortable and at ease
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The qualification received upon completion will be Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Upon completion individuals will be able to obtain professional registration with the General Dental Council
- The location of the training is Gloucestershire College. The duration of the course is 21 months to include 3 months end point assessment.
- Face to face or remote instruction will be given once a month
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression can include other areas of dentistry such as orthodontics, endodontics, radiology, oral health promotion, training and education roles
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.