Mechanical Engineering Apprentice TEREX GB LIMITED
We have had a fantastic opportunity arise for an individual to join us here at our Coalville site as a Mechanical Engineering Apprentice. We are looking for a willing and enthusiastic individual who would like to develop their skills and technical knowledge whilst learning on the job and gaining valuable experience.
Closing date: 10 Apr 2023
£8.20 (yr2), £9.61 (yr3), £12.35-6 (yr4) per hour
Monday - Thursday, 06:00 - 14:30, Friday, 06:00 - 11:00
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
15 Apr 2023
02 Dec 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice, you will join our Crusher Manufacturing Team and will work closely with the wider workforce. This position offers a great deal of variety.
Throughout your apprenticeship your ‘on the job training’ and role responsibilities will include the following:
- Cutting of raw steel using various techniques such as oxy-acetylene, plasma & traditional mechanical saws
- Welding of raw steel components using manual electric arc & high deposition MIG welding equipment
- Machining of fabricated components and castings using manual and CNC machining centres to include lathe’s, horizontal & vertical borers and milling machining centers
- Precision measuring & fitting of large bearings using traditional and modern technology
- The use of Induction heaters
- The use of Liquid Nitrogen
- Mechanical Assembly of large components using overhead gantry cranes
- Hydraulic installations & fault finding
- Testing of finished products
- Applying Lean manufacturing tools & techniques
- Working in a team environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidate will receive an Engineering Technician Level 3 qualification at the end of the apprenticeship
- On the job training
- Off the job training
- Functional Skills if Necessary
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential to secure a full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
TEREX GB LIMITED
THE SMB GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.