A great opportunity to start to your career in Accountancy. As an Apprentice Accounting Technician, you will support managers and other senior staff in providing a range of accountancy services to our clients. You will gain the experience and knowledge to progress through AAT qualifications and then onto chartered training. Duties will include preparing tax computations, providing bookkeeping services etc.
Closing date: 17 Feb 2023
£14,000 increasing to £15,000 on successful completion of a probationary period.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Mar 2023
14 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice accountant you will work as part of a team assisting with clients’ accounting needs.
This position involves a number of different aspects including:
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders
- Preparing tax computations
- Providing bookkeeping services
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Filing Companies House and H M Revenue & Customs documents on client's behalf
- Assignments will be undertaken both in the office and at client's premises. Apprentices will have support and on the job training from managers and other senior staff
During your training you will be expected to develop an understanding of the practical issues involved in delivering a high-quality service to clients.
Both practical and theoretical training will be undertaken, with an aim to becoming a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will undertake the “Assistant Accountant” Apprenticeship (an Advanced Apprenticeship in Accounting), with full support from Accountancy Learning as part of their Flexible Apprenticeship Programme.
Assessment will be by an “End Point Assessment” and will be graded “Pass” or “Distinction”. This will include two elements:
- A Professional Discussion. This will include a series of questions allowing you to display the knowledge and experience you have obtained over your apprenticeship. You will build a Portfolio of reflections and product evidence that will be used for discussion points in the PD
- A Synoptic Exam. This will include elements you have learnt throughout your studies of the individual AAT Units, and this will contribute towards your end grade
You will be prepared for both of these elements by undertaking studies for the AAT (Level 3) Advanced Diploma in Accounting. These will underpin both elements of your “end point assessment”. As such, it is anticipated that your apprenticeship duration will be for 15-18 months although earlier completion is possible, provided the duration exceeds one year and a week. Those with no prior accounting knowledge may need to also complete the Bookkeeping units of AAT Level 2.
You will receive support from both the employer, and the training provider, to complete and achieve your Apprenticeship and will be given time to study during the week on a day release basis. As you are working towards a professional qualification, it is also expected that you will continue your studies outside of normal office hours.
As you learn more in both the office and in your studies your responsibilities, and the variety of tasks you undertake, are expected to increase.
Those with previous relevant qualification and experience may be considered for a Higher Apprenticeship undertaking the Professional Accountant Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is expected that you will stay with the company following successful completion of your apprenticeship to undertake further qualifications and increase your responsibility in the office.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade A-C) Essential
About the employer
ACCOUNTANCY LEARNING LTD
01392 435 349
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.