West Thames College is one of the most exciting and successful colleges of further and higher education in London and our vibrant campuses in Isleworth and Feltham have some of the best facilities in the country.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
02 Jan 2023
14 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main duties and responsibilities of the post will include:
1. Work collaboratively with the e-Learning team to develop e-Learning tools and resources,
2. Pro-actively support staff to create e-Learning materials including video content and the use of e-Learning technologies for teaching and learning.
3. Work with the EdTech and eLearning Co-ordinator to support the embedding of digital literacy skills across the College.
4. Support the administration of the College’s VLE platforms, in particular, managing user accounts, courses and structure.
5. Train curriculum staff and support them in the use of the College’s recording, tracking and monitoring tools.
6. Support and deliver training where appropriate for staff in the innovative use of e-Learning tools.
7. Pro-actively contribute to the implementation of the College’s E-Learning Strategy.
8. Support the EdTech and E-Learning Co-ordinator with the running of e-Learning and EdTech skills workshops for students.
9. Provide iLearn cover and Library Desk cover as required.
10. Follow strictly the requirements of the College’s health and safety policy and comply with the College financial regulations.
11. Promote a positive image of the College in all contacts with students, employers and professional bodies.
12. Attend and Participate in College meetings as necessary and actively promote college policies.
13. Participate in staff development activities and undertake further training as part of your continuing professional development.
14. Work flexibly in order to satisfy the organisational needs, including enrolment and occasional evening or weekend work.
15. To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for any member of staff, students or department of the college and adhere to the College’s Data Protection Policy and the Data Protection legislation.
16. To uphold and promote College policies, procedures and controls, including the College’s Equal Opportunities policy and promoting those specifically applicable to this area of work.
17. Adhere and comply with the college financial regulations.
18. Carry out other reasonably comparable duties that may be required from time to time.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will be studying towards a L3 Digital Support Technician (On-site & Remote).
The studying will be flexible.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprenticeship is successfully completed, the permanent post will be offered on a full time basis.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Essential
About the employer
WEST THAMES COLLEGE
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.