This is a fantastic opportunity for a Legal and Business Admin apprentice! You’ll move around the firm, learning from different departments, as you embark on your career journey as a legal secretary in a legal and business environment. To start your career, APPLY NOW!
Closing date: 06 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
07 Mar 2023
14 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn the duties of a legally experienced secretary, gaining full knowledge of various applications used in each department as necessary.
- Learn the skill of audio typing which forms an integral part of the job.
- Telephone training, dealing direct with clients/lawyers/in-house staff.
- Taking full comprehensive instructions from secretaries who are assigned to them at the time.
- Opening a file/Closing a file.
- Conflict checks.
- Compliance - ID personal.
- Compliance - Company ID, companies house, Experian, companies house beta.
- Audio typing.
- Scanning documents.
- Making appointments.
- Attending clients in reception and over the telephone.
- Land registry portal/searches.
- Laser form - various for each department.
- Standard letters, TOB, letters of authority.
- Requesting Deeds from storage.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Standard, which includes:
- Modules covering Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours in Business.
- You'll have a personal tutor to guide you through your training.
- You will attend 1:1 sessions with your tutor every 2/3 weeks.
- End Point Assessment (online).
- Occasional group classes with other learners.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths & English if required.
- Business Administrator Certificate from IFATE and City & Guilds.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We cannot guarantee a permanent position but we would expect the apprentice to become a full-time Legal Secretary within the firm. Paris Smith is passionate about promoting staff from within and enhancing careers with good support and training opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*- C or 9-4) Desired
About the employer
BOOM TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.