We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Coventry’s Outstanding Nursery providers as an Early Years Apprentice. You must be committed and passionate about Early Years and we in return will be passionate and committed to your learning and development. You'll be assisting in maintaining positive relationships with children and their families in a way that values parental involvement etc.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2022
Please note that this role is term-time only so annual salary will reflect this
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
03 Jan 2023
10 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist in providing high quality childcare for children and their families within the organisation implementing daily routines.
To complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship as set out by the training provider.
- To work within the Childcare Act 2006 and local guidelines and standards
- To assist in maintaining positive relationships with children and their families in a way that values parental involvement
- To assist in planning and preparing exciting play opportunities that meet the children’s developmental needs and stimulates their learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To observe children’s development and keep accurate records of achievement
- To promote children’s life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race, and religion
- To work effectively as part of a team
- To work within the agreed framework of policies and procedures within the Nursery and legislative requirements relating to Health and Safety and such like
- To be responsible for Nursery resources and report loss/damage or low stock levels to Deputy Manager
- Attend staff meetings and appropriate training when required
- Working within the Nursery philosophy to ensure our ethos is fulfilled
- To work within guidelines relating to Equal Opportunities and Disability Act
- To work in partnership with senior staff to plan personal effect training opportunities and evaluate self-progress
- To act as an ambassador for the Nursery and maintain a positive image of its aim and objectives
- To carry out any other duties which will be seen to enhance the care and education of children and staff within the Nursery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NVQ Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional skills in maths and English
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- All training will be carried out and assessed in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent career prospects depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Hinckley Road Nursery
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.