We are looking for an apprentice to assist in our 5-star family run Livery Yard. This will involve the general care of horses. The duties will also include cleaning and maintaining the stables and equipment. It is a friendly working environment, and you will have the opportunity to learn a great deal and work alongside lovely horses and people.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
£7,503.60 to £14,820.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
21 Feb 2023
15 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will undertake general stable duties which include:
- mucking out of horses' stables.
- the general care of the horses.
- the maintenance of Tack and equipment related to horses.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will receive a Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship qualification, which will include:
- Yard & Field Routines & Duties
- Horse Anatomy, Physiology & Welfare
- Horse Handling Care & Welfare
- Saddlery & Equipment
- Travelling Horses
- Non-Ridden Exercise
- Riding / Non-riding (can choose either pathway)
- English and maths: Apprentices without level 2 English and maths must achieve level 1 and take the test for level 2 before taking the end-point assessment.
Training at Plumpton College will be one day per week during term time.
You will achieve an intermediate apprenticeship upon successful completion of your end point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship will give you the skills and experience to work independently in the industry, and secure employment at various stables and work with horses.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.