IT Support Apprentice ABTEC NETWORK SYSTEMS LTD.
We are looking for someone who would like a career in IT. In this apprentice role you will join our engineering team in providing first line support to our clients. You’ll begin to learn how to identify, diagnose and resolve basic network faults and communication system issues. It’s a fantastic opportunity to begin your career in IT!
Closing date: 10 Apr 2023
Monday - Friday between 9.00am - 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
10 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide first line support to clients via telephone and email for the range of services and products that Abtec provides
- General IT support
- Helping clients resolve issues with popular applications such as MS Office
- First line networking infrastructure issues
- To provide diagnosis and resolution of issues raised
- Report and manage issues through our wholesale suppliers
- Keeping clients up to date at all times
- Answering client's questions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Level 3 IT Solutions Technician programme is designed to provide the knowledge and skills to develop, implement and maintain complete IT solutions, including their hardware infrastructure
- IT Solutions Technicians apply a professional methodology or framework to gather and analyse the requirements in order to design, develop, test and implement the most appropriate IT solutions
- This programme offers two pathways that provide the underpinning knowledge and skills in either a Hardware Solutions role or a Software Solutions role
- BCS Level 3 IT Solutions Technician - Methodologies and Principles
- BCS Level 3 IT Solutions Technician - Core Technical IT Knowledge
- BCS Level 3 IT Solutions Technician - Security and Legislation
- Route specific: BCS Level 3 IT Solutions Technician - Software
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible progression to level 4 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship and ongoing career development and progression opportunities upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A*-C or 9 - 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ABTEC NETWORK SYSTEMS LTD.
JBC SKILLS TRAINING LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.