L3 Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship RSK Group Limited
The vacancy offers the candidate to work in a well-established design office with a great reputation within the Engineering industry. They will be working closely with the Engineers in the team to learn and develop Auto CAD skills to produce design drawings and develop their engineering expertise in road, sewer and level design.
Closing date: 07 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jan 2023
09 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The applicant should apply to experience the vast engineering input into these projects to develop their engineering expertise and ultimately further their career for the fantastic future prospects RSK has to offer. We pride ourselves on progressing individuals so they can fulfil their full potential.
- Taking part of design team meetings and briefing on Monday mornings to discuss the workload for the week ahead
- Drafting design drawings alongside the Engineers on various projects with different projects exposing the candidate to the various engineering requirements on each individual scheme
- Once comfortable with the above the candidate will be exposed to design elements of the schemes where the Engineers will offer support and checking to liaise back to the candidate before issue to the Client
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will have achieved all the relevant qualifications within the L3 Civil Engineering Technician Standard
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Training will take place at Wigan and Leigh College – Pagefield Campus day release with the remaining time spent within the company
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We have roles from apprenticeships through to director level offering a fantastic career path for future engineers
- All promotions and salary increases are based on merit and not time served, therefore the candidate would be rewarded for their efforts accordingly
- RSK utilise a personal development approach on a yearly basis (sometimes 6 months) to review the candidates progression that year and then set targets for the forthcoming months, so targets and goals are always provided for the individual
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WIGAN AND LEIGH COLLEGE
Civil engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.