An exciting opportunity has arisen at Fir Park Medical Centre for an apprentice to join their administration team. This is a large modern surgery where you will gain vast amounts of experience within administration support, customer service and how a GP surgery operates.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
09 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for answering and dealing with queries both face to face and via the telephone or take messages where appropriate and pass to a relevant staff member
- Shred confidential correspondence in accordance with practice protocol
- Using appropriate read codes, scanning correspondence to ensure accurate recoding of Quality and Outcome Framework (QCF) specific information and patient specific information in accordance with practice protocol
- Deal with administrative queries and requests from patients and act as liaison with the clinicians as necessary
- Ensure that registrations and deductions are processed in line with NHSE requirements and that appropriate record keeping systems are up to date and fit for purpose
- Registering patients and arranging online access
- Data input of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information e.g. smoking status, weight, BP, ethnicity, medication from hospital letters. Add due diary - annual review for patients with long term conditions
- Use clinical system to identify patients requiring annual checks and send invitations
- To manage internal and external post and emails daily
- Action referrals to primary and secondary care in accordance with practice protocol
- Producing insurance reports for review by a clinician
- Copying of patient notes (subject access requests) in accordance with practice protocol
- Creating registration packs
- Assisting the medical secretaries with administration duties
- Monitoring/ actioning the Practice email account and website submissions for patient queries
- To assist with the ordering and maintenance of stock supplies
- To provide front of house reception cover when required
- To assist in the administration process associated with adult services (specific to role as appropriate)
- Helping create and implement standard operating procedures
- Maintain the Health and Safety of all staff, patients, and visitors.
- Always ensure patient confidentiality
- Comply and familiarise yourself with the practice’s policies and procedures
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- Carry out any other duties as reasonable requested by the doctors or practice manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship:
- Functional Skills English Level 2 (if required)
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 (if required)
- Training will be provided at Riverside College, Widnes
- This training will be weekly day release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full-time position may be on offer on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
0151 257 2093
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.