Customer Service/ Medical Receptionist Apprenticeship Essington Surgery Gpf Ltd
Essington Surgery are looking for a new customer service apprentice. You will be processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional. Do you have what it takes to work in a busy medical environment? Apply Now!
Closing date: 10 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
11 Dec 2022
09 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The purpose of the role is to:
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working at the front desk in reception
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Processing incoming records – file into chronological order, enter on immunisations, cytology, mammography history
- Processing deduction requests – retrieve record from filing cabinet, print off attachments ready for sending to Registration Department
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail, which will include scanning documents and attaching them to patient’s records.
- Scanning on records once summarised
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Clearing and re-stock consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Provision of refreshments for staff and visitors as required; washing dirty dishes and maintaining the kitchen area is clean and tidy
- Keeping the reception area, noticeboards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Level 2 Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- In house training from the employer
- Functional Skills maths and English training, if applicable
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression within the practice
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C/7-4) Desired
About the employer
KEY TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.