Corner House Nursery have an opportunity for an apprentice to begin their career in childcare and contribute to a high standard of childcare and education for children in the Early Years. We are a well-established, privately owned nursery and pre-school with an excellent and highly experienced team of childcare professionals, nursery assistants and ancillary staff. Our nursery provides 84 places for children from 6 months - school age.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
09 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Purpose of the Post:
- Contribute to a high standard of childcare and education for children in the Early Years
- Give assistance and support to other staff and parents
- Assist in implementing the daily routine
- Provide a safe and healthy environment
- Work with children
- Health and safety
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Children
- Assist senior staff to implement the Early Years Foundation Stage and become familiar with its contents
- Contribute to observations, record keeping and planning future learning for children, this will be carried out under the supervision of senior staff
- Contribute to a program of activities suitable for the age and developmental stage of the children in your base
- Act as a good role model to the children in your care
- Ensure a high standard of care for young children by being aware of and providing for their individual needs
- Have respect for the diversity and differing needs of all children and contribute to a high-quality environment which meets their individual needs
- Create a clean warm and safe environment for the children in our care
- Be polite and supportive to children’s parents and other family members
- Offer help and assistance whenever possible
- Be aware of the key principles of safeguarding and child protection and be diligent in ensuring the safety of all children
- Always inform senior staff if you are in any way concerned about the welfare of a child
- Keep all information with regard to children strictly confidential. This relates to any information that you see, hear or read, which must be discussed only with senior members of staff
- Ensure that all toys and equipment provided for children is clean and safe for them to use
- Use appropriate simple language around children
- Join in with play and help to create a stimulating atmosphere in which children will learn
- Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and uphold its standards at all times
- Support all other staff and engage in effective teamwork. Show respect for colleagues
- Attend all out of hours activities when required e.g. staff meetings, training, parent’s evenings, Summer fayre, Christmas parties
- Be prepared to be flexible in working practices
- You will be expected to work with all age groups and undertake any other duties as required
- Listen carefully to instructions and carry out tasks to the best of your ability. If you do not understand the instruction, ask the person to explain, do all tasks with good grace
- Understand the importance of effective teamwork and develop your role within your team
- Attend and undertake any training which managers consider appropriate and/or necessary including, working towards a qualification, short courses and in house training sessions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard:
- Portfolio of evidence
- Professional discussion underpinned by portfolio
- Knowledge Test
College attendance: Day release.
- The Sheffield College, Granville Road, Sheffield, S2 2RL.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Further training to be provided as required for the role and personal development
- Level 3 progression to be considered
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.