Procurement Co-ordinator Apprentice J3227 SOUTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
A great opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Co-ordinator Apprentice. Procurement teams are responsible for researching, sourcing, buying, storing, maintaining and delivering the equipment and goods needed to produce or support products at the right time, the right cost and to the right quality.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
08 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will be around processing requisitions, expediting orders, query resolution, working with other departments and teams, working to deadlines, data analysis, prioritising and planning workloads etc. You will work closely with production, logistics, purchasing and customs.
During the period of the apprenticeship work and responsibilities will be varied and could include:
- Processing requisitions and converting to Purchase orders
- Liaising with Suppliers to order goods and services
- Expediting orders
- Preparing weekly open order reports
- Supplier set ups
- Invoice query resolution and problem solving
- Managing small areas of spend from sourcing to delivery
- Assisting and shadowing Category Buyers and Procurement Managers with tasks such as minute taking, gathering data for projects, obtaining signatures on contracts, etc.
- Supporting logistics and goods movements domestic and internationally
Such other duties and responsibilities as may be required to meet business needs.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. Any aspect in consultation with the post holder may be reviewed and revised as the business function requires.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Procurement and Supply Assistant level 3 apprenticeship is currently delivered virtually for hour and a half sessions and the remaining 6 hour study time needs to be taken away from the daily working role. (80% workplace learning in post and 20% formal learning with a training provider)
Programme Duration - 20 months to include 5 assessments (14 months) followed by End Point Assessment (EPA 6 months).
As a gateway requirement and prior to taking the EPA, apprentices must achieve all approved qualifications mandated in the Procurement & Supply Assistant standard.
- Advanced Certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations
- For level 3 apprenticeships and above apprentices without English and mathematics at level 2 must achieve level 2 prior to taking their EPA.
The EPA must be completed within an EPA period lasting typically 6 month(s), after the EPA gateway.
The EPA consists of 2 discrete assessment methods.
1. Work-based project followed by a presentation with questions and answers
2. Interview underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is expected (but not guaranteed) that on successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate will be offered a permanent contract.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 to 9 (A* to C)) Essential
About the employer
SOUTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
REACH4SKILLS TRAINING LTD
Procurement and supply assistant
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.