Excellent training provided with experienced chefs within a progressive pub company. We have 10 plus sites and offer job security through support from our parent company. We operate all our sites independently using fresh produce from local suppliers which gives the scope for broad, comprehensive training and to be involved in menu development.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
£8,003.84 to £15,808.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 32.0
Possible start date
02 Feb 2023
08 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn the correct, safe way to use a knife and learn all the different cutting techniques
- Be part of the organisation and operation of the food operation
- Work as part of an experienced team and develop self-confidence and a team work ethic
- Cookery techniques will be taught on a daily basis during preparation time and during food service times
- Ongoing daily training on food compliance and health and safety
- Opportunity to work with fresh food and preparation of home made dishes such as pies, casseroles, stews, roasts, chutney's, dressings and sauces
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Commis chef level 2 qualification
- On-site training on a daily basis by our kitchen team
- External assessment visits by the training provider
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Future prospects: on completing the course we would be able to offer a full-time position. This would be in the location you have trained in or have the chance to work in one of our other sites. We can potentially offer work on a temporary basis, all expenses paid, on the Isle of Man should you wish to gain further experience. We have over 20 food outlets on the Isle of Man.
We aim to promote in house and should you wish to progress with MTT we are always looking for new sites to purchase and there would be opportunities to move to Second and Head Chef level within 2-3 years.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
HIT TRAINING LTD
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.